Saturday, June 8, 2013

Coffee Coffee

A visit to Sydney wouldn’t be complete without a stroll along Newtown’s coffee strip, would it?    

So when I got to visit Sydney recently, I had to visit some of the cafés along King Street but as there were so many to choose from so I decided to go to two that I remembered that was especially good.

If you’ve been to Dendy Cinema, you would know that there is a café at the entrance. It used to be called Cinque but it seems to have had a makeover and with an expanded front window, MilkBar (as it is now called) is light and breezy and seemed a bit bigger than I had remembered.  
  
Since it was lunch time I thought I might stop here for lunch. Since it was the last day of my stay I thought I would go for the all day breakfast menu.  My order poached eggs with salmon was quickly taken and came out.


It wasn’t bad, as you can it was well presented and tasted nice which are the main things but I just found the aprox $14 a little expensive and would have expected something a little more memorable for the price. The coffee wasn’t bad!


MilkBar on Urbanspoon

Next café to try was Compos Café off the main drag on Missenden Street. Up through a short flight of stairs, the first thing to hit you is the purposeful noise and bustle of a busy and successful café. From the moment you enter, you can sense that the staff takes coffee seriously and you are guaranteed a great coffee.        

When my beautiful flat white arrived, it tasted creamy and of good coffee without be too strong or overbearing, ideal for a mid afternoon pick-me-up.


If you feel overwhelmed by the number of cafes in Newtown, make sure you make a bee line for Campos because this is coffee at its best.

Campos Coffee on Urbanspoon    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...